Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I SELDOM COME ACROSS ARCHITECTURE...


I seldom come across architecture...

Very often I come across a building with millions of cubic meters of identical rooms,with  doors and windows piled together in vast heaps up to eighty metres, sometimes even a hundred, I'm not sure, maybe a hundred and fifty metres high...

Those „ mountains“ of rooms  are all alike and make a big impression on me because I feel there is no compassion for the people who have to climb them.

Sometimes I come across these enormous sculptures, a bit like the sculptures of Antoine Pevsner, as big as houses and sometimes I even come across what I like to call 
"the acrobatic works of engineering".

I seldom come across architecture , THE KIND THAT TRIES CAREFULLY TO WRAP ITSELF AROUND MY BODY AND MY VERY FRAGILE SOUL...
                                                                                  
                                                                         Ettore Sottsass


Text and photo by DOMUS 876, December 2004

Abbastanza raramente mi incontro con l'architettura.

Molto spesso mi incontro con l'edilizia, con milioni di metri cubi di stanze tutte uguali, con una porta e una finestra,  che arrivano anche a ottanta metri di altezza e certe volte anche a cento e forse a cento e cinquanta metri. Non so bene.

Quelle montagne di stanze tutte uguali mi fanno molta impressione perche' mi sembra che su quelle montagne ci sia molto poca pieta' per la gente che la deve scalare.

Qualche volta mi incontro con sculture enormi, un po' come le sculture di Antoine Pevsner ma enormi, grandi come case e qualche volta mi incontro anche con " Acrobatiche opere di ingegneria " . Cosi' le chiamano.

Abbastanza raramente  mi incontro con l'architettura, quella che prova ad avvolgere con cura il mio corpo e la mia molto fragile anima.



No comments:

Post a Comment